mardi 6 mai 2014

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - The best one made yet - 8*/10

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 easily wins the palm of the best Spider-Man movie ever made. I have to admit that I didn't like the previous chapter, which was a reset of the franchise, and was still looking at the previous incarnation as the best version. Not anymore.

Spidey finally has it all: strong drama, solidly built villains, amazing action, stupendous special effects, humor that really resemble his comic book incarnation, a scenario that keeps you riveted, a story that stands to logic, and good acting. The only weakness is the romance, which is a tad too predictable. However, the ending totally saves it.

See it.
8*/10

I've just rewatched it and I still think it's the best Spider-Man yet. However, the last third of the movie was so good, I forgot that some of the rest wasn't as amazing, pardon the pun. So, I have to lower the rating just a bit to be fair to other movies, especially, super heroes flick.