mardi 1 octobre 2013

Rush - Very solid film, incredible mindset - 9*/10

Rush by Ron Howard starts slow, it takes a little while to get settled in the drivers' mindset, but once you're in... oh my! The races are extremely well filmed, the score is great, the story is very interesting and gets particularly poignant in the second half.

You don't have to be a fan of racing, Hunt or Lauda to really enjoy this.
9*/10


Note: I tried the D-Box system (seat that gives you motion effects) for the first time and it was breaking my concentration most of the time, but for the final races, it was great. I had to go see the film again without motion effects to really appreciate it to its real value. I think that MFX is a bit like 3D, if it's well done, it's a bonus, else it's a distraction. I was so distracted by it that I originally gave the movie a 7. I changed it to a 8, then went to see it again, and rechanged to a well deserved 9.