- Story: Funny. The intrigue changes direction so often that it keeps you riveted.
- Characters: They are as much an attraction as the intrigue.
- Dialogs: Very funny.
- Scenario: Great timing with a nice mix of scenes.
- Actors: Jeff Bridges's performance is forever a classic for this stereotyped character. John Goodman is the hot spices to his mellow friend. I adore Julianne Moore, but this is a small role for her. Same goes for Steve Buscemi, Philip Seymour Hoffman and John Turturro. It was before they were well known. It's also true of Tara Reid, although to a lesser extent.
- Photography: Acceptable.
- Special effects: Very few, and mostly crap.
- Synopsis & information: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118715/
- Who is it for? Stoners and mellow dudes looking for an idol, or those looking for a simple movie where the intrigue keeps on giving.
Sometimes, you hear so much about a picture, revered in some circles as a classic, that you have to see it. This is one of them. I'm glad I saw it.
I gave it a lower rating than I would have liked, because the production was a little shitty compared to the quality of the story, the characters, or the performances of Bridges and Goodman.