- Scenario: Set in the golden age of arcades and personal computers with command line interface, it takes us into their micro systems showing us the virtual lives of programs. Originally, it was a hit because of its imagery, novelty and the way it can stir the imagination. Back then, beyond the usual suspension of belief required for any sci-fi, the only reproach one could have directed towards it was the fact that no command line interface ever required full sentence command, like they're showing. Over three decades later, it's still entertaining if you're ready for its antiquity.
- Known actors: A young Jeff Bridges.
- Visual & sound: In its day, the visuals were spectaculars, but they now show their age, painfully so. The only glory they have left is the creativity they showed back then. They have more sentimental value for those who remember seeing it then than anything else.
- Synopsis & information: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084827/
- Who is it for? The nostalgic fans, or anyone curious enough to see what the original was like. Those new to this movie should keep very low expectations or suffer the consequences.
Stay tuned, tomorrow, I review its long awaited sequel!